The simple truth is humans love looking at images.
Images are how we show our personality, we take pictures of our friends, children and family, we document our travels, we capture memories, we document our journey of growing a business online, and we document our daily life.
Images are often the easiest way to tell a story.
Five reasons why using images is important in your marketing. (Not just stock images, mix in selfie images of yourself as much as you can!)
- They evoke emotions
- They are memorable
- They create engagement
- They are relatable
- They grab readers’ attention
According to Twitter, Tweets with photos receive an average 35% boost in Retweets.
We all have heard of Canva! When Buzzsumo found that posts with images receive 2.3 times more engagement than those without. They went to Canva and shared how the images used on social media were making a BIG IMPACT. That was back in 2015. The tricky part is choosing the right images. They need to be relevant to your message and not just another photo of a cute dog.
Fast forward to 2022-2023, all types of media are being used in social media marketing! (Videos, GIF, Stories and Reels.) Currently carousel posts ‘multiple-image posts’ are gaining popularity for driving engagement on Instagram and LinkedIn.
You can even purchase pre-made carousel templates on Esty.com like the example below. Search on Esty for Carousel templates.
Last time I checked the cost was $5.00 USD.
Last year during the holidays I had a lot of fun creating 5 days until Christmas” themed images, adding cute animations to them so that my followers on social media would look forward to my daily posts. It was not perfect and the image is blurry here, but it was different.
Are you searching for awesome ways to create a story around your business and make a big splash this Christmas or Holiday season? We’ve got you covered! Here are 10 ideas you can use on social media:
- Take pictures of the work in progress (product) with a holiday theme.
- Behind-the-scenes image – with festive holiday background
- Tell a story with images. Create a visual narrative of your holiday journey.
- Share photos of your decorations, your family gatherings, or something that captures the festive spirit.
- Selfies or videos to share your excitement about what is coming next with a holiday theme.
- Invite your followers to an online event where everyone can don their best holiday attire and share stories, recipes, and music.
- Post images of testimonials and happy clients with festive holiday emojis.
- Create a festive video. Show off the season with a fun, vibrant video. You can use it as a simple GIF, or make a full-length clip highlighting the joys of the holiday season.
- Ask a question with Red color background. For example: Do you say home for the holidays or travel?
- Create a Yes or No holiday poll. (Do You Own A Ugly Christmas Sweater?)
Keep track of views (likes) and engagement (comments) when using different types of images. You will learn what works best for your audience.
If you’re up to the challenge of creating carousel posts on Instagram. You can go to YouTube and watch “How to create an Instagram Carousel post with Canva” I have personally not created a carousel post yet, but I can’t wait for some fun “Creativity” time!
Here’s the link to purchase ready-made carousel templates on esty.com for only $5.00 USD.