Why Does Social Listening Matter for Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs?
All too often, we’re guessing, not listening. We’re taking action, but not strategic ones.
Social listening is frequently used by bigger corporations who can pay for social listening tools to track keywords, topics to monitor and to know what competitors are up to in real-time.
But what about small business owners, consultants and freelancers? What can we do if we don’t have a marketing budget for social listening tools to gather insight data?
If you know the answers to the following questions, you are 1 step ahead of everyone else:
- Who is your target audience?
Not sure, who are your target audience is, Click here to read about “Understanding Target Audience: Definition and Types”
- What do they truly want, and how can you connect with them more effectively?
- What is your solution to their No. 1 pressing problem?
If these are questions you’ve asked yourself before, and you know the answers, then the following tactical steps are what you can do right away on your own for free.
- Research your most frequently asked questions from your ideal client and create a FAQ page on your website.
- Determine what your ideal client’s most common issues are. And figure out how to solve those issues and include these common issues in your blogs, social Media posts, newsletters, YouTube, videos or audio where you can talk about your solution to those issues.
- Figure out what your customers love about you. And leverage that information to build campaigns or content you know will resonate.
- Identify the key traits of your top social media contacts and then use those traits to target new social audiences.
Inside the Confident Marketing Every Day Membership we will be covering topics “Writing headlines”, “Researching best hashtags to use in your business”, “How to grow your business using gated content”. Don’t miss out!
Sign up to be a member of Confident Marketing Every Day. As a member you will receive weekly actions and monthly know-how you need to market your business with confidence. Check it out!